Every day we give folks cold, hard cash for vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We take any type of vehicle: cars, trucks, SUVs, immobile vehicles and cars that are still drivable. Regardless of what type of vehicle our customers are selling, there are a few things they need to take care of before we hand them a wad of bills for their old vehicle:
- Do your research: You need to do a little research before you decide to sell your car. Should you sell your car to a junkyard for its parts, or should you try to resell it to a dealer or another person? Look online to get an idea of how much your car could be worth if you resell it. If your car is still running well and you think someone else might want to purchase it, try putting it on the market. There are plenty of people out there looking for used cars that still have some life left in them. On the other hand, if you have a really old and failing car, it’s probably a good idea to sell it to a junkyard and have it scrapped for parts. We’ll offer the best price for all sorts of vehicles!
- Contact different junkyards: If you think it’s a better idea to get cash for vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL by selling your car to a junkyard than by trying to resell it to another owner, start calling different junkyards to see which one will offer the best value for your car. There are plenty of junkyards in south Florida; we guarantee we’ll give you more cash for your old car than other junkyards in Fort Lauderdale! Be wary of junkyards that want you to bring your car in for an estimate before they’ll buy it. Paying for an estimate will decrease the amount of cash you get for your vehicle.
- Clean your car: Every car accumulates personal belongings (and even trash) throughout its lifespan. Make sure everything is out of your vehicle before you bring it to our junkyard or call us for pickup service. We’d hate to find your personal belongings once the car gets to our junkyard!
- Find your title: Selling your car isn’t officially complete without transferring your title to the new owner—even if it’s a junkyard. There is an exception to this, however: we’ll probably still be able to take your car if it’s been sitting unused for a few years and you can’t track down the title.
- Cancel your insurance: You’ll also need to contact your insurance provider and cancel your policy. There’s no point in paying for insurance for a car that you no longer own!
Once the sale is complete, it’s a good idea to contact your state’s motor vehicle regulatory agency to let them know that you don’t have the car anymore.
When you realize it’s time to get rid of your old ride, give Junkyard Dog a call. We’ll give you the most cash for vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL! Don’t forget that we also offer rapid pickup service from your home if your car isn’t drivable. Call today to learn more!
Categorised in: Cash for Junk Cars
This post was written by Writer