Did you know that you can sell your old clunker to a local junkyard and come away with cash? Even if your vehicle is in poor shape after a big car wreck, junkyards are happy to take it off your hands for the parts, especially if your vehicle is a popular model that a lot of people own.
You can even get junkyard tax deductions in some circumstances. This means that not only do you get money from the junkyard for selling your vehicle, but you can also save a bit of cash when it comes time for tax season.
Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to get cash for vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL:
- Contact the junkyard: Contact your junkyard of choice and let them know you have a vehicle you are willing to sell. Tell them about its make and model, the type of damage it has sustained and anything else that could potentially help them assess the value of your vehicle. The junkyard representative might have a few questions for you as well, which you should answer as truthfully and accurately as you can.
- Consider offers: After you have spoken to several junkyards, receive their purchase offers and compare them to each other. Typically you are going to want to avoid selling to a junkyard that makes you bring in the vehicle for an estimate. This can add to the cost of selling it, especially if the vehicle is not in driving condition and you have to figure out a way to tow it there. Compare the offers you get, as well as the costs it will take you to deliver it to each junkyard.
- Prepare and deliver: Before you take the vehicle to the junkyard, make sure you have removed all of your personal belongings or any accessories you added to the vehicle that you want to keep. Once you have sold it to the junkyard, you cannot guarantee you’ll be able to get these items back. At this point, you’re ready to make the delivery.
- Complete the sale: Let the junkyard representatives check over your vehicle to ensure the condition it is in is the same as you described it while on the phone. This is why it’s important to provide an accurate assessment of the vehicle in your discussion with the junkyard representative over the phone; you don’t want to risk having your payment docked because you left out certain elements of the damage or anything else that could have affected the price.
- Follow up with the DMV: Make sure the title has been transferred away from your name. Generally it’s a good idea to follow up with the Department of Motor Vehicles about a week after your sale, just to make sure everything went smoothly.
Looking for more information about how to get cash for vehicles in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Contact us today at Junkyard Dog and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Categorised in: Cash for Junk Cars
This post was written by admin