Vehicles that are damaged beyond repair are often gotten rid of in automobile junkyards, but did you know that you can still get some cash for these vehicles? While they might be too busted to drive safely on the road anymore, some of their parts may still be viable. This is where a junkyard comes in. A junkyard is a business that will pay for junk vehicles, which is great news for people who don’t want to part out their cars themselves.
It doesn’t take much time to find a reputable junkyard to sell your junk vehicle to. Simply contact a few junkyards in your area, give them some information about your vehicle, discuss pricing and verify whether they will come tow it away, and make sure to have all the proper documentation in hand.
Here are five tips for how to sell your vehicle to junk car buyers in Plantation, FL:
- Know what a junk or salvage dealer is: A junkyard is a business that will buy your junk vehicle to dismantle for parts, repair, rebuild or resell. Basically, they deal with automobiles that can’t be repaired, salvaged vehicles and used auto parts. Selling your junk vehicle to a junkyard gets you quick cash and saves you the hassle of selling as a private party.
- Have proof of ownership: Legit junkyards will want to see proof of vehicle ownership before moving forward with a purchase. They’ll need the registration, title and other DMV document requirements. In Florida, however, you can sell a junk car without a title, but the vehicle must be 10 years or older, worth less than $1,000 and the seller/owner must provide a copy of their driver’s license and give a thumbprint.
- Look up the value: Although damaged, your junk vehicle still holds a certain monetary value. Go to Kelley Blue Book to determine its value, but do write down all that is wrong with the vehicle, because the junkyard is likely to ask a lot of questions about the vehicle’s current condition. They’ll ask about whether it runs, any type of damage that you are aware of and your reasons for selling.
- Get prices: A part of your research is to get a few price quotes from junkyards in your local area. You may even want to call around to nearby cities—if they offer significantly more money, it could be worth the drive. Price offerings vary by junkyard, but some parameters for getting more cash include the make and model of the vehicle and the nature of the damage. Call around, compile a price list and compare prices before making a decision.
- Prepare your vehicle for pick up or delivery: Some junkyards will pick up your junk vehicle with their own tow truck, but it saves them time and money if sellers bring it in themselves. If your vehicle does not run, you need to figure out how you are going to deliver it to the junkyard. For example, you could call a towing service.
Do you still have questions? Contact the knowledgeable junk car buyers in Plantation, FL at Junkyard Dog today. We look forward to assisting you!