If you’ve decided that you’re going to sell your car to junk car buyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL for cash, you might be ready to give your junk car up as soon as possible, but you should take some time to make sure you’re actually ready before you sell. There are a number of important things to consider and do before you give your car up to ensure that you have a positive experience and that you get the most money possible for your vehicle:
- Do your homework and find a reputable buyer: You want to make sure that you’re getting the best deal possible for your car, but you also want to make sure that you are working with licensed junk car buyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Make sure you research various buyers to find ones that are licensed to buy junk cars. Once you’ve narrowed down your search, you can ask for quotes to find the best deal.
- Cancel your insurance: You don’t want to be paying to insure a car that you don’t even own anymore, so make sure you cancel your policy before you sell your junk car. If you paid in advance for your policy, reach out to your insurance company and inform them of the situation so that you can get a refund for the months that you won’t need insurance.
- Clean out your car: Some junk car buyers don’t require that a car be spotless before they pick it up, but it’s a good idea to clean your car out anyway. At the very least, make sure you remove any important documents or valuable possessions that might be in your car—you never know what you might find in there.
- Remove your license plates: After you’ve sold the car and you go to the DMV for your ownership transfer, you will likely need to bring the license plates with you. Once you decide to sell your car, remove the license plates and keep them in a safe place so that they’re ready to go when you need to file your paperwork.
- Complete your paperwork: A licensed car buyer will want to see proof of ownership for the vehicle to verify that you are authorized to sell. If you misplaced your title, you can go to the DMV to apply for a new one—just make sure that you take care of this paperwork before you try to sell your old vehicle.
Contact junk car buyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
When you work with Junkyard Dog, you can feel confident that you are getting the best service possible. Since 2006, our family owned and operated business has provided cash for junk vehicles in and around Fort Lauderdale, FL. We are available for scheduled pickups and one-hour pickups on demand. Our team would be happy to answer your questions and help you prepare for the junk car buying process. You can find out more about what we have to offer or schedule vehicle pickup by giving us a call today.