In our last blog post, we explained why the price for junk cars has come down. However, there are still things you can do to ensure that you are making as much money as possible for your junk car and aren’t missing out on significant savings. If you have a car that you’re ready to junk, here are a few things to keep in mind before you sell:
- Check your car for personal items: Even if you emptied out your car already, check it again. As a vehicle buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, we can tell you that people often miss personal items left in their cars. Check under your seats and in the glove compartment, trunk and consoles to make sure that you’re aren’t losing money on your car by accidentally giving away valuable personal items.
- Check your car for valuable parts: When it comes to junking your car, most people will tell you that you can get more for the individual car parts than by selling the car as a whole to a vehicle buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL. However, the amount of time and hassle involved in the process of selling car parts usually offsets any additional money you may have made. There are a few items, though, that are quick to remove, easy to sell and allow you to still junk your car for the same price. Items such as like-new tires or a GPS system may be things you can sell separately to get a little more cash for your car.
- Choose a vehicle buyer that provides pickup services: When looking for a vehicle buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, look for one that offers free pickup service. The last thing you want is to lose money on a junk car by having to pay towing costs out of pocket. At Junkyard Dog, we not only offer pickup services, but we even offer rapid one-hour pickup.
- Get several quotes: When selling your junk car, you should shop around and get several quotes to ensure that you are getting the best possible price. Don’t waste time on buyers that try to haggle down prices. Trustworthy buyers should have a pretty good idea of how much they can get for your vehicle, so they should be straightforward with you about what your car is worth.
- Choose a vehicle buyer that pays upfront: A trustworthy buyer should have plenty of cash on hand to pay upfront for vehicles. Don’t do business with a buyer who says that they will pay you later. The longer you have to wait for your money, the longer you have to wait to invest it in something else. In some cases, you may never get paid at all.
A poor economy and an oversaturated steel market may be bringing prices down for junk cars, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still get a good price for your vehicle. Just be sure to follow these simple steps to ensure that you are getting the most money for your junk car.
To work with an experienced, trustworthy and honest vehicle buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, visit Junkyard Dog today!
Categorised in: Vehicle Buyer
This post was written by admin